Civil Engineering and Construction
Periodic surveys of quarries for accurate and reliable monitoring.
In the same way as for volumetric surveys, the point cloud is a particularly suitable form of data. It can be obtained in different ways depending on the specification :
- airborne lidar ;
- laser scanning with fixed stations ;
- terrestrial photogrammetry ;
- helicopter-borne photogrammetry ;
- UAV (drone) photogrammetry.
Regardless of the method used, the result will be a point cloud of high density (one point per 5 to 10 cm for this type of application).
Once the point cloud has been combined and georeferenced, the processing becomes identical, whatever the method of survey.
Suitable processes are :
- 3D mesh model (triangular irregular network or TIN) of the situation at time t ;
- comparison of the situation at time t with an earlier epoch ;
- extraction of profiles ;
- extraction of contours.
Request product information